Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Changed Life -- Or Is It?


This morning, I was reading Paul's letter to the church at Galatia, and came to Galatians 2:20. This verse has been rolling around in my brain for a number of years. As a teenager in my church youth group, I was challenged to memorize this verse for a retreat in Gatlinburg, TN. God used that verse to teach me WAY back then, and He is still using it today! It is amazing how God's Word never goes out of style, never ceases to be age-appropriate, and always teaches! The verse is as follows: "I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loves me and gave Himself up for me." As I read that verse this morning, I was reminded that my life is no longer mine as a believer in Christ, but my life belongs to the Lord. I began to think, "Is Christ reflected in ALL parts of my life? My actions...my speech (ouch!)...my attitude towards others?" I think about John's words in John 4 - "He must increase, but I must decrease." Sometimes God can't show through because I am in the way! But, I have a merciful and gracious Father who sees me as a righteous daughter, and forgives me when I repent for not living in a way that honors Him. Praise the Lord! The scripture goes on in Galations 2:21 to say, "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." Praise God for His grace and forgiveness, and for the gift of His Son, Jesus! And I am so thankful for Holy Spirit who convicts me when I need to exhibit less of Lisa, and more of God!!!!

No comments: