- We enjoyed a three mile hike at Umstead State Park in Raleigh on Saturday - it was so beautiful! The leaves were lovely! The trail went down to "Big Lake" (Creative name!), which the kids really enjoyed! I have some great pictures, just can't get the ol' Dell computer to upload them! I'll keep working on it!
- The kids and I have stumbled upon a GREAT resource for remembering the importance of Thanksgiving - go to www.familylife.com and check out their past radio shows. All this week, they are playing the audio version of a book that Barbara Rainey wrote. It is so great - the kids can't wait to hear what happens to the Pilgrims tomorrow morning! (I mean, we know what happened, but play along!)
- Zach has found the perfect dog for the Obama family. On the radio, the newscaster was reporting that a particular breed of Persian dog has been recommended for the new First Family, due to the Obama's daughter's allergies. This breed, which ancient kings have had as pets, is hairless and TOOTHless. Well, after hearing this report, Zach said, "What a great dog - it is TOOTless! No more smell!" We were all cracking up as we drove down the road!
Hope you enjoyed those little tidbits about life here ... please take time to leave a comment! We really enjoy hearing from you! It's REALLY easy - just click on the "Comments" section at the end of the post, and go from there!
2 comments:
Hey guys how are things going? We will have to get together soon and go to a park around here. Love reading your blog.
It was GREAT seeing you all at church today. With divine intervention I FINALLY figured out how I could reset my password because it has really been bothering me keeping my comments to myself! :o)
Hope you had a wonderful visit.
Happy Thanksgiving, Hartmans. Your friendship is one of the many reasons my heart is so thankful!
Post a Comment