Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ways to Pinch a Penny!

I am always looking for ways to save money, and I thought I would share some of my ideas! I have been making my own cleaners for a while. At first, it was an opportunity to go green - less chemicals, etc. for my family. Now, I am enjoying the savings, too! Here are some of my "recipes":

Glass Cleaner
1 cup rubbing alcohol
1 cup water
1 T. white vinegar
Pour into a clean spray bottle, and shake. This works great! No streaks!

All-Purpose Cleaner
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
Combine in a spray bottle. I use this instead of Fantastic, etc. The vinegar smell takes some getting used to, but it works well! I even use it on my wooden kitchen table - just dry it well with towels!

Automatic Dishwashing Detergent

1 cup powdered Borax
1 cup Arm and Hammer washing soda (powder)
Mix, and put 2 T. in the detergent compartment. I do put white vinegar in the rinse aid compartment to cut down on streaks and film. (I found the washing soda at Kroger with the laundry detergents.)

Hope you enjoy these ideas!

No comments: