Thursday, December 10, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas...

I can't believe that Christmas is only 2 weeks away! We have been busy with Christmas band concerts (Andy has been playing the trumpet!), special Christmas ballet dances, and making Christmas treats. I held a dessert/coffee for the ladies on our street this past Sunday afternoon. It was a lot of fun! Eight ladies came, most of whom had not met one another before. On Saturday, Maggie will dance with her ballet company in the Christmas Parade. Today, the kids and I made treats for their Sunday School teachers. We melted white candy melts, mixed in chopped Oreos, and poured them into snowman molds. Yum! We will give those to their teachers, along with some homemade hot chocolate mix. Here is the recipe:

Hot Cocoa Mix
Instant Powdered Milk (enough to make 8 quarts)
16 oz. Nestle Quik powder
11 oz. regular coffee creamer
1 box powdered sugar
Mix all ingredients in large bowl (it makes a lot!). Add 1/2 cup mix to 1 cup boiling water.

It is so yummy, and is great to give to teachers, neighbors, etc.

No comments: